Student Complaint Procedures & Appeals
Procedure for Undergraduate and Graduate Student Complaints (Online and On-Campus)
Should a student have a complaint, the student should follow these steps:
- Students may submit a formal complaint regarding issues from the current or previous term of enrollment (should be within 20 business days of the incident).
- Official student grievances must be expressed via the GCD Student Complaint Form (click the hyperlink).
- The Dean of Students or the appropriate designee will review the complaint and accompanying documentation and refer the complaint to the appropriate GCD office (Financial Aid, Student Accounts, Academics, etc.).
- The leadership of the appropriate GCD office will render a decision regarding the complaint and will notify the student of the decision via official GCD email.
- If the student is not satisfied with the outcome of their initial complaint, they may appeal within 5 business days of the rendered decision while providing additional support/documentation for review.
- A second review will be completed by a higher authority whose decision will be considered final.
Contact the Dean of Students:
- by email: email@example.com
- by phone: 910-221-2224
- by mail:
Grace College of Divinity
439 Westwood Shopping Center
Fayetteville, NC 28314
If a student submitting a grievance is not satisfied with the determination of this process, the matter will be brought to the GCD President for further review and appropriate action. The President’s decision is final.
Complaint Process for GCD’s Accrediting Body and Government Agencies
If the person filing a grievance with Grace College of Divinity does not feel the issue is being adequately addressed by GCD, he/she may submit their complaint to the organizations provided below. Out-of-state students who wish to file a complaint with their home state should refer to the State Authorization Liaisons Per State responsible for handling complaints.
Grievance process for The Association for Biblical Higher Education
GCD is accredited through the Association for Biblical Higher Education (ABHE). ABHE’s Policy on Complaints Against an Institution or Accredited Program can be found on pages 101-105 of the Commission on Accreditation Manual (PDF). Grievances must be submitted using the ABHE Complaint Form (PDF).
Questions about complaints to the ABHE can be addressed in the following ways:
- by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- by mail:
5850 T.G. Lee Boulevard, Suite 130
Orlando, FL 32822
ABHE’s website: https://www.abhe.org/
ABHE’s phone number: 407-207-0808
Grievance process for the United States Department of Education
Questions about complaints to the USDE can be addressed to the U.S. Department of Education Family Policy Compliance Office in the following ways:
- by phone: 1-800-872-5327
- by mail:
U.S. Department of Education
Family Policy Compliance Office
400 Maryland Avenue, SW
Washington, DC 20202- 4605
USDE Family Policy Compliance Office website:
NC Post-Secondary Education Complaint Process
If students are unable to resolve a complaint through the institution’s complaint procedures, they may also review the Student Complaint Policy (PDF) for North Carolina Post-Secondary Education institutions, complete the Student Complaint Form (PDF), and submit the complaint:
- by email: email@example.com
- by mail:
North Carolina Post-Secondary Education Complaints
c/o Student Complaints
University of North Carolina System Office
910 Raleigh Road
Chapel Hill, NC 27515-2688
SARA-NC Complaint Process and Information
Students may also file a complaint through SARA-NC. SARA-NC is the portal for North Carolina.
SARA North Carolina
P.O. Box 14103
Research Triangle Park, NC 27709
- telephone: (855) SARA-1-NC (727-2162)
- telephone: 919-549-8614, ext. 4667
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- website: www.saranc.org
Link to SARA-NC Complaint Process
Link to SARA-NC Complaint Form