- PQDT – In addition to the Electronic Theses & Dissertations (ETD) movement, many scholars are opting to participate in ProQuest’s Open Access Publishing model and have paid ProQuest a little more money in order to make their dissertations and theses available in their entirety to the general public with no subscription needed.
- OATD – the Open Access Theses and Dissertations (OATD) provides an index to over three million electronic theses and dissertations. These come from a variety of sources. “OATD.org aims to be the best possible resource for finding OATD.org aims to be the best possible resource for finding open access graduate theses and dissertations published around the world. Metadata (information about the theses) comes from over 1100 colleges, universities, and research institutions.”
- American Doctoral Dissertations – ADD provides electronic access to the only comprehensive record of dissertations accepted by American universities during that time period, the print index Doctoral Dissertations Accepted by American Universities. Containing more than 172,000 theses and dissertations in total from 1902 to the present, it was created with the generous support of the H. W. Wilson Foundation and the Congregational Library & Archives in Boston. Newly enhanced with an additional 80,000 citations for theses and dissertations, the new citations include a link to access the full text, when available, via the Institutional Repository where the thesis or dissertation is housed such as OhioLINK, Rochester Institute of Technology and North Carolina State University.
- OhioLINK Electronic Theses & Dissertations Center – multiple Ohio universities that have decided to support Electronic Theses and Dissertations (ETD) projects and now make their most recent dissertations and theses available electronically via their own websites.
- Open Access Digital Theological Library (OADTL) – a virtual library for theology, religious studies, and related disciplines. The mission of OADTL is to make all open access content in religious studies and related fields discoverable to everyone, everywhere in the world through a single search experience for free forever. The OADTL currently contains about 100,000 OA ebooks and several hundred thousand articles in religious studies. The collections also contain thousands of Ph.D. and D.Min. dissertations. The collections are growing quickly. TheOADTL offers both simple and advanced searching for content. All content is fully cataloged by professional librarians. The sponsors of the OADTL are: Claremont School of Theology, Denver Seminary, Evangelical Seminary, Gordon-Conwell Seminary, Hartford Seminary, International Baptist Theological Study Centre (Amsterdam), Lexington Seminary, and Singapore Bible College.
- Theses/Dissertation LibGuide – Use this guide to locate dissertations and theses.