FEDERAL FINANCIAL AID
STUDENT GRANTS & LOANS FROM THE U.S. DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION
The purpose of this guide is to provide a brief explanation of the steps to take in applying for federal student aid.
In order to receive federal financial aid at Grace College of Divinity, you must use this system.
To start your online financial aid application, follow these steps:
1. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®).
Be sure to designate Grace College of Divinity as the school you are interested in attending. GCD’s federal school code is 041737.
2. Complete the Virtual Financial Aid Office interview.
You will need your Estimated Family Income (EFC) number from your completed FAFSA. GCD has partnered with Weber and Associates, an online company to automate the processing of all federal financial aid applications. This system is called the Virtual Financial Aid Office, or VFAO, and it draws on a company whose sole responsibility is to provide federal financial aid services to higher education students. To complete the interview go to https://gcdivinity.vfao.com
Follow these steps:
- Log in with your user name and password or register as a new user to create an account.
- Follow the link to the “Student Interview Center.”
- For campus, please choose “Fayetteville” (currently, the system will only allow this option).
- During the interview, you will receive a Detailed Financial Plan.
- Click “Done” to submit the application.*
*Make sure to complete your Master Promissory Note (MPN) for subsidized and unsubsidized funds at the Federal Student Aid website if you are requesting loans. There is a link to this site in the VFAO interview.
Once you have completed this process, your enrollment will be confirmed by Weber and Associates. You should expect to receive an award letter of approved aid by email within 2-3 weeks from the date of the application and all documentation has been submitted.
If you need any help or have any questions, please contact us at the information below.
Vice-President of Administration
Grace College of Divinity