The Dawn Galloway Memorial Scholarship fund was established in August 2010 in honor of our dear friend Dawn Galloway. This scholarship awards up to $1,000 per recipient in an academic year, as determined by the decision of the GCD Scholarship Team. The awarded funds are disbursed in amounts up to $500 per semester to cover present tuition and fees in the student’s account, not to exceed the total amount in the school year. Awarded funds may not be used to reimburse a student for previous payments to their account.
Scholarship applicants must meet the following criteria for eligibility:
- Complete a minimum of 12 undergraduate credit hours, 9 graduate credit hours, or 6 doctoral credit hours at GCD.
- Carry a cumulative GPA of 3.50 or higher.
- Must demonstrate exemplary leadership qualities. Submit an essay (300-500 words) in response to the following prompt: “What Sets You Apart as a Leader for this Particular Scholarship?”
- Submit a scholarship application, with supporting documentation.
- This scholarship is renewable (new application required for each academic year).
Please note: The donors to this fund desire to invest in the development of leaders for the kingdom of God. GCD asks students who have been awarded the DGMS scholarship to send us a thank you letter (at least 3 paragraphs). These letters should include a little bit about each student, concrete ways the scholarship will help them, and how their learning at GCD is helping them develop as a leader in the kingdom of God.