About Grace College of Divinity
Grace College of Divinity, formerly Grace Leadership Institute was founded with the mission of providing practical and academic education and training to adults in a formal, traditional environment. This education was designed not to replace, but to complement the discipleship efforts of the local church. The curriculum was structured to prepare and equip believers; it concentrated its study and development in four particular tracks: Leadership, Worship, Ministry, and Family Life.
GCD was the next logical process in the growth of this institution. Therefore, GCD was formed in the fall of 2000, offering structured college curricula taught by experienced faculty.
Today, GCD offers a Bachelor degrees, Associate degrees, and Certificate programs in Christian Leadership, Divinity, Intercultural Studies, and Worship Ministry. Graduate programs include the Master of Arts in Christian Leadership degree as well as the Master of Divinity degree, which is accepted by Chaplain candidate programs for all branches of the U.S. Armed Forces. It is our desire to help you find and fulfill the call of God on your life in establishing the kingdom of God on the earth.
Accreditation and Affiliations
Grace College of Divinity is accredited by the Association of Biblical Higher Education, one of the four national faith-related accrediting organizations recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation and the United States Department of Education.
The Association of Biblical Higher Education comprises approximately “200 postsecondary institutions throughout North America specializing in biblical ministry formation and professional leadership education.” 1
Grace College of Divinity is recognized by the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI). Teachers can take our Biblical and Theological Studies courses for credit for their ACSI certification.
Statement of Faith
- The Bible is the inspired Word of God, the written record of His supernatural revelation of Himself to man, absolute in its authority, complete in its revelation, final in its content, and without any errors in its teachings.
- All men in their natural state are lost, alienated from God, spiritually dead: “All have sinned, and fall short of the glory of God” (Rom. 3:23). Salvation is only by grace, a free gift of God; Spiritual rebirth is the only means of salvation and eternal life through faith in the Lord Jesus, who died for our sins according to the Scriptures. Those who are regenerated are born of the Spirit, become children of God and are made new creatures in Christ (II Cor. 5:17).
- God is One God Who reveals Himself in three Persons-Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Jesus Christ is the Son of God and Son of man. He was born of a virgin and is Himself God. We affirm the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His vicarious death as the only sacrifice for the sin of the world, His bodily resurrection from the dead, His ascension to the right hand of God as our intercessor, and His future return in glory. We affirm the finality of Christ’s work for the redemption of mankind and the present freedom of access to the Father.
- The Scriptures declare the deity and personality of the Holy Spirit as well as His present work in the church. We affirm that the baptism in the Holy Spirit is an endowment of power for all believers.
- The Lord Jesus Christ rose from the dead in the same body that was laid to rest in the tomb. The bodies of all believers who die will be raised from the dead, and they will receive an incorruptible body like unto His glorious body (I Cor. 15:53; Phil. 3:21). All other men shall be raised unto “the resurrection of judgment” (Jn. 5:28, 29).
- Christians, born of the Spirit, are to live the new life in the present power of the Spirit. “If we live by the Spirit, by the Spirit let us also walk” (Gal. 5:16-25; Col. 2:6). The Christian’s responsibility and his normal attitude of life is to yield himself to God (Rom. 6:13), trusting God to keep him. Christian “living” includes Christian service, the winning of souls around us, and the preaching of the Gospel in the uttermost parts of the earth. We affirm the sufficiency of Scripture to govern the conscience of believers.
- Jesus Christ will come again to earth the second time personally (Acts 1:11; I Thess. 4:16), bodily (Acts 1:11; Col. 2:90), and visibility.
Grace College of Divinity is biblical higher education institution dedicated to Preparing Emerging Leaders to Change the World by advancing the kingdom of God through sound biblical training, practical ministry and personal development.
“I learned the importance of becoming fully committed to the Caller, not just to the great call on my life. And, I realized through building authentic relationships in my life, that this is the key to finishing well, every step of the race marked out for me!’’
Bethany Peters (℅ 2011)
Executive Assistant, The Rick Herrema Foundation, Inc.
“The internship impacted me by helping me to build a faith foundation. I was unsure of who I was in Christ and whether or not Christ was truly the only way to God. If I had not made the decision to join the internship, I’m sure by now I would not still be a Christian. This decision altered my path in life for the better and I wouldn’t be the woman of faith and strong character I am today without it.”
Paradise Flowers (℅ 2012)
Medical Student, Campbell University
“Having been in a bible college prior to the experience internship I came in expecting ‘Bible College’. But what I got instead was an experience that laid the foundations for me to not only become the man God was calling me to be, but also the leader I was destined to be. Oh and I got a job out of it, so there’s that.”
Benjamin Floro (℅ 2014)
Campus Worship Leader, Manna Church
“Looking back, I realized that before the internship I didn’t even know what it meant to be a follower of Christ. It provided me a framework on how to practically walk out my faith. It also put me in a position where God redeemed an unused skill set and allowed me to use my gifts for Christ in a great new Job at Manna Church as a graphic designer.”
Michael Barefoot (℅ 2014)
Graphic Designer, Manna Church
“Before the internship, I didn’t know who I was and I didn’t know where I was going. But, through the internship they helped me reconnect with God, find who I am, and put me exactly where God wanted me all along.”
Devin Taylor (℅ 2014)
Youth Coordinator, Valley Community Church
“Being in the internship was one of hardest things in my life, but also one of the best things to happen to me. All of the lessons I learned were super hard to go through, but I couldn’t imagine tackling those issues today without that training I received to help me through it.”
Jennifer Durfee (℅ 2012)
Executive Assistant, Grace Life Church
“I grew in confidence, communication, interpersonal skills, and every facet of leadership. As a result, I was elected as my college’s Student Body President and became the recipient of their annual Christian Leadership Award! Now I’m the full-time director of a campus ministry that impacts thousands of students.”
Rachel Choi (℅ 2011)
Director, RUSH Campus Ministries
“The internship changed me because it allowed me to show the love of Christ in a way that I have never experienced.”
Darnell Kelly (℅ 2012)
“The internship led me to a place where I WANTED to passionately pursue God – both today, tomorrow, and the rest of my life.”
Rachel Rutherford (℅ 2014)
Administrative Assistant, GenIgnite Student Ministries